cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Re: Android L
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 18:22:15 GMT
On Mon Oct 27 2014 at 11:04:14 AM Marcel Kinard <> wrote:

> I'm reading the Lollipop API notes and the following seem like
> possibilities:
> - Add new entries to config.xml to selectively enable
> setMixedContentMode() and setAcceptThirdPartyCookies() when desired for
> backward compatibility (off by default).
  I like the new default behaviours, since they're more secure, and I think
that we should implement a content provider to serve our docs after 4.0 is
released as a 5.0.  It's too bad that we don't have this option when
targeting earlier versions of Android and that it forces Android "Quirks
Mode". Quirks Mode FTL. :(

> - Add implementation for onPermissionRequest(PermissionRequest) and
> onPermissionRequestCanceled(PermissionRequest). But this should be
> handled by the developer in AndroidManifest.xml, so maybe not.
> DEATH TO THE CAMERA PLUGIN! Seriously, this is awesome and we should look
at using these instead.

Web APIs > Broken Plugin Nonsense!

> - Add implementation for onShowFileChooser() to the WebviewChromeClient.
> File input in html forms is finally fixed?
Depends on what you think fixed means? I'm pretty sure the abstraction is
super weird, and we'll have to deal with Intent handling.