cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Victor Sosa <sosah.vic...@gmail.com>
Subject Build signed archives using CLI
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:48:56 GMT
Hi community.

Been looking at this topic and wondering why the build command does not
create signed archives.  Digging a little bit found a lot of differences in
the platforms to create these archives.

For instance, in Android you need to
1. Export your APK in release mode (--release flag)
2. Sign your APK (you already need a RSA key)

In iOS, you need to:
1. Export your APP using --device flag (--release seems to export for
emulator only)
2. Either use XCode (UI-based) and sign the archive or use xcrun (headless
process)

Besides these differences, what is preventing Cordova from providing a
generic one-way to build these signed, ready-to-publish archives?

Perhaps I'm missing something here...?  I really appreciate your insights
on this topic

Thanks!

--
Victor Adrian Sosa Herrera