cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] shrinkwrap
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 22:12:51 GMT
In the past, semver has caused me problems due to having modules npm
linked. Ex Running npm shrinkwrap on cordova-lib while i have cordva-js
linked will break.

Shrinkwrap also requires those dependencies to already be on npm. So if I
reference cordova-js 3.7.0 and it hasn't been published yet, it will fail.

Overall, I find it to be very annoying. I can follow the instructions step
by step while releasing to get around some of these problems (publishing
dependent packages first, remembering to unlink) but it just feels like a
waste of time to me.

Another problem is if we leave it in master, it will cause headaches as we
do local dev. Will have to remember to remove it.

Pinning seems like much better option IMO