cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugman issues/questions
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:40:26 GMT
Hey John,

Thanks for filing the two issues. It would be great if you could send PRs
for them too! I believe the correct information is in this help file [1]

Platform scripts: the platforms were not bumped to version 4.0. What you
see at https://www.apache.org/dist/cordova/platforms/ is the latest
released platforms. 4.0.0 referes to the cordova cli version. You can read
more about our change in versioning at
http://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/10/16/cordova-4.html

[1] also has info on addUser and owner. This info needs to be copied over
to docs.cordova.io. Would love some help with that if you have time!

You should not be creating a package.json. plugman publish command will
create one based on values from your plugin.xml. It gets deleted after a
successful publish.

Plugman unpublish might be a bug. File it.

Checkout a existing plugins plugin.xml [2] to see how we set description,
repo, keywords, etc. If you have a README.md file, that will also get
uploaded on publish.

We don't have any login setup on the site. We have an existing issue at
[3]. Just no time to do it.

As you can see, our documentation around plugin publishing is severely
lacking. We could really use some help sprucing it up!

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/blob/master/doc/help.txt
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/blob/master/plugin.xml