cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: project version info
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 15:11:25 GMT
On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> The reason CLI is reporting that number is because we tried to go semver in
> an odd way (CAD-SEM) and CLI version was supposed to be just the SEM part
> and the CAD was just informational -- which hasn't worked out so well.  The
> next CLI release is going to drop the old SEM and turn the existing CAD
> into the new SEM.  i.e.: npm install -g cordova@rc you'll notice that its
> just 3.7.0.

There's also the issue that the CLI version doesn't necessarily correspond
exactly to the platform versions. CLI 3.6.0-0.2.9 by default installs
Android 3.6.0, for instance, but FFOS 3.6.1. And with independent platform
releases, it's about to get a lot weirder.

I don't know if a better question is which CLI version you used to create a
project, or which platform versions are actually installed (which you can
get from `cordova platfom ls`)

Ian