cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Independent platform release summary
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:24:58 GMT
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Treggiari, Leo <leo.treggiari@intel.com>
wrote:

> > - enable users to easily obtain the latest-and-greatest
> > - clearly communicate to users what they have, so they can easily
> > understand how what they currently have differs from the
> latest-and-greatest
>
> I think there is another user goal, which may not be so easy to achieve.
> That is, the ability to easily understand how to take the Cordova release
> that I have, and do a selective update to get fixes that I need.  I.e. I
> don't want the "latest and greatest", I want the minimal change that fixes
> the problems I have to fix.

Does that have to be a goal?  I don't think its a goal for us developers,
but I understand that it has been a goal for end users (resistance to
change, averse to risk, been bitten with bad upgrades in the past..) but I
believe the way to strive to solve that is to simplify upgrades, not make
it easier to ignore them.