cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram <n.parashu...@gmail.com>
Subject Measuring Perf of Cordova apps (Android/iOS)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:47:33 GMT
Over the weekend, I created a tool to measure the rendering and network
performance for Cordova apps, and I thought of sharing it on the list. I am
able to pick up numbers from iOS and Android (4.4).

Here is a demo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG_eTe_H-s4
More details on how to run it on your cordova app : [link
<http://blog.nparashuram.com/2014/10/measuring-rendering-performance-metrics.html>
]
Browser-perf : http://npmjs.org/package/browser-perf

Would love to hear feedback from the community on this. Initial tests with
WkWebview and UIWebView show some good numbers.

Since a lot of people worry about perf of hybrid apps, I am hoping that
this tool would give them a way to look at hard numbers and see that hybrid
apps can be as smooth as native apps.

Parashuram
http://nparashuram.com