cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS 8] Status of WKWebView work
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 19:35:27 GMT
Brian:
The chances are small, but a backgrounded app could access the local web
server of the foregrounded Cordova app. If it knew the port (which it may,
through humans inspecting the config.xml in the .app beforehand)

Joe:
Don't have answers to all of those yet, haven't tested that specifically.
I'll release the plugin (soon), test, and let others test as well.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> I guess if it isn't running in the background then a collision is
> effectively impossible anyhow.
>
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But for 2, there is a chance of port collision still of course, nothing
>> we can do about that. The ideal way is to get a random port, but this
>> requires more Cordova integration which I am trying to avoid (since we need
>> to specify the URL in the content tag, we need to know the port as well)
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Does it run in the background? No. Unless we put up some variables in
>>> Info.plist, which are reserved for certain types of apps (navigation apps,
>>> etc)
>>> 2. Local web server port collision? This will be specified in the plugin
>>> in a preference.

I'm not

UIWebView,