cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding node-webkit as a platform
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 20:55:41 GMT
+1 please step up and own this platform. I will help as much as I can, and
retire cordova-osx in favour of this once it gets mature (don't you love
deleting code!). Just make sure any code that  is to be donated to Apache
has the Apache v2 licenses or a compatible license (no GPL).

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> [...]
> > update_from_config function
> > - platforms:    Just add the platform into platforms.js
> >
> > # Work on cordova-lib / plugman (plugman) :
> > - platforms:    Same as browser
> >
> > # Work on node-webkit platform
> > - We can start using the cordova-browser platform
> > - template:     replace manifest.webapp by package.json
> > - scripts:
> >         - clean: no changes
> >         - version: no changes
> >         - run: run nw using www folder as startup path
> >         - build: zip www folder to app.nw
> >         - create: copy template dir
> >                   download node-webkit binaries based on platform and
> > node-version
> >         - update: copy cordova-js
> >                     download new node-webkit binaries
> >         - check_reqs: node-version >= 0.10
> >
> > Now I will details work to be done on plugins :
> >
> > # Battery-Status
> > We can use the node-battery module (
> > https://github.com/leon-vv/node-battery)
> >
> > # Camera
> > We can use native function  getUserMedia
> >
> > # Console
> > No need as Chromium console is already great !
> >
> > # Contacts
> > VCARD parser ?
> >
> > # Device
> > Platform:       navigator.platform
> > Model:          "node-webkit / " + win32|mac|linux + (x64)
> > Version:
> >
> https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/wiki/Get-version-of-node-webkit-in-app
> > Cordova:        browser.cordovaVersion
> > Uuid:           Stored in DOM Storage
> >
> > # Accelerometer / Compass
> > http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/device/orientation/
> >
> > # Dialogs
> > Custom Solution : HTML5 / Design adapted on  each platforms ?
> > Beep: https://github.com/feross/beepbeep
> >
> > # FileSystem
> > Two choices :
> > - Use native FileSystem API implemented in Chromium
> > - Use node fs module
> >
> > # File Transfer
> > - Use node request module
> >
> > # Geolocation
> > Already implemented in Chromium
> >
> > # Globalization
> > Use navigator + custom solution
> >
> > # InAppBrowser
> > https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/wiki/Mini-browser-in-iframe
> >
> > # Media
> > HTML 5 Audio / Video Wrapper
> >
> > # Media Capture
> > We can use native function  getUserMedia
> >
> > # Network Information
> > Same as Browser implementation
> >
> > # Splash screen
> > Custom solution using :
> > https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/wiki/Window#openurl-options
> >
> > # Vibration
> > Already implemented natively
> >
> > # Status Bar
> > Can be used to control toolbar visibility.
> > But don't think there is a real need since toolbar need a specific
> > implementation.
> >
> > Wow !
> > I think it's a good global view to understand the work to be done to

‎01‎:‎32

OS X

would