cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding ability to add any platform on any OS
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 15:45:42 GMT
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 06:22:12AM +0000, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS
OPEN TECH) wrote:
> What about saving and restoring platforms?  Cordova platforms will not be checked in,
but we could do a cordova platform save. When I now do a cordova platform restore on my Mac
machine, will is try to restore the Windows platform also and fail ?

"cordova restore platforms" will not be able to restore windows on a
Mac, it basically
delegates to "cordova add" which will fail. Unfortunately, it will stop
platform restoration after first failed platform which I think should
not be the case [1].

I think the ultimate goal with cordova restore is to make it part of the
prepare cycle and remove plugins and platforms folders. In such a
setting restoring platforms that we can not cater on a host OS will
probably cause more harm.

I can see some cases where this could be a useful feature but I do not think
they are part of the main flow. Perhaps a --force flag can be added for
this one?

Gorkem