cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Independent platform release summary
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 18:29:54 GMT
+1

On Oct 3, 2014, at 8:05 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking through peoples responses on this thread and the project version thread, many
people have been pushing for a bigger jump in version number for the CLI.

> Chatting with Shaz, he is very concerned about support issues coming in with users being
very confused about versions. By having a big seperation between platform versions and cli
version, that will at least remove the connection between the two.

> I'm leaning towards a bigger jump now.
>
> Proposal: CLI becomes version 10.0.0

P.S.: The "10" suggestion was halfway in jest, to match BlackBerry, OS X, Node, and Windows.
But the other half was serious. :-)