cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <>
Subject Re: Independent platform release summary
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 20:55:41 GMT
If a bump to major indicates an API change, how is that visible to users? Do users look at
the CLI version as "the version of Cordova", or are we expecting users to look at the version
of every Cordova component to understand where majors got bumped? While I agree the latter
is more correct technically, I think users have been and are currently assuming the former.
It would take some education to switch that.

On Oct 2, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Andrew Grieve <> wrote:

> I don't think it's necessary to bump CLI major when platforms bump major.
> Platforms and CLI are linked only superficially anyways.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message