cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tools Release
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 17:27:48 GMT
On Oct 6, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll rip out the shrinkwrap instructions today and replace it with pining instructions.

OK. We may need to recover these instructions later after shrinkwrap matures and we decide
to go back down this path. They took a lot of bruised knuckles to generate :-o

> Should I pin just the release branches or master as well?

I'd suggest to pin both. I'd also suggest that the ones in master be updated the the very
latest for each (`npm outdated`)

> Are only pinning for cordova-lib & cli?

I'd suggest specifically the tools (js, lib, plugman, cli), but really also any of our package.json
files that have dependencies or devDependencies listed.

marcelk-macbook:apache marcelk$ ls cordova-*/package.json
cordova-amazon-fireos/package.json
cordova-android/package.json
cordova-app-harness/package.json
cordova-blackberry-plugins/package.json [Josh?]
cordova-blackberry/package.json
cordova-cli/package.json
cordova-coho/package.json
cordova-firefoxos/package.json