cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Independent platform release summary
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:53:12 GMT
I would prefer 4 as well.  I asked in the hangout and the answer was that 4 was not good because
Android had/is releasing a platform version 4.  However if the CLI and platform version numbers
will be unrelated going forward, it doesn't seem as if that should matter.

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: brian.leroux@gmail.com [mailto:brian.leroux@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Brian LeRoux
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 9:49 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Independent platform release summary

As is 4.

This is more of an outreach, marketing, blogging, tweeting, etc problem.
Versions are for issue tracking not marketing. (Tho semver and our
respective $BIGCO's confuse that to their and our continued strife.)

(All IMO of course, happy to follow the wisdom of the crowd on this one.)
On Oct 10, 2014 9:29 AM, "Michal Mocny" <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> 5 is also fine.
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > I am against it. Its not going to achieve the goal of alleviating
> > confusion. People see the CLI as the version not the platforms. I'd
> rather
> > we went to 5 if anything.
> > On Oct 9, 2014 3:56 PM, "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <
> > panarasi@microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I meant tag and start the vote for the next release :)

CLI is
> formalizing

 These can

Behalf