cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] shrinkwrap
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 20:46:14 GMT
From my scars of the last release, what I'd suggest as closer to the ideal of "benefits of
shrinkwrap with a lower cost" would be to publish to a private npm repo and use something
like the --registry flag to test. Using a private registry would also give us the opportunity
to wipe any published packages in case a republish is needed, to avoid bumping the version
numbers.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7550

Until we have a private registry for release testing, I agree with Steve that rc's should
not be published to npm, and instead use --usegit.