cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime LUCE <max...@touchify.co>
Subject RE: Adding node-webkit as a platform
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2014 00:55:27 GMT
I understand your thoughts...
The main problem if we create a separate platform is that we can't add support for plugins
(or I don't know how ?).

We could try to simplify the process to work with custom platform outside the main distribution.

Maxime LUCE
Touchify, CEO

+33 6 28 60 72 34 | skype: maximeluce
maxime@touchify.co | http://touchify.co

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Envoyé : samedi 18 octobre 2014 02:43
À : dev@cordova.apache.org
Objet : Re: Adding node-webkit as a platform

official?
If you want to do it, or anyone else does, then they should go for it.
Here's my random thoughts ...
I think it would be awesome, but we currently all appear to have way more work than we can
accomplish. The issue list in JIRA is out of control, and we seem to be losing ground.
What happened to 'sugar' as a platform? Their pull requests are sitting and waiting ... [1]
Tizen [2][3] ??
Browser as a platform took months, and is only finally in, although no one knows about it.
Adding a platform currently affects cordova-lib/cli/js + plugman + every core plugin ... having
more platforms may not be better, especially if they aren't maintained.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/98
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/47
[3] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/16

@purplecabbage