cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Fischer, Paul A" <paul.a.fisc...@intel.com>
Subject RE: 3.6 cordova plugin versions
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 20:13:33 GMT
Hi Michal,

Thanks for the clarification. What you describe is what I expected, and I totally understand
the issues around trying to tightly specify what version works where, getting independent
plugin developers to follow through with testing, etc. It's an impossible matrix to maintain.
:(

In essence, based on the process you outline, I am assuming something like the following badly
formatted timeline of releases:

-- cordova X.Y release --
Core Cordova plugins tested against are listed by individual version (provided in release
notes/blog)
Core Cordova plugin A gets updated
Core Cordova plugin B gets updated
Core Cordova plugin C gets updated
Core Cordova plugin A gets updated
Core Cordova plugin D gets updated
Core Cordova plugin A gets updated
...etc.
-- cordova X.Z release --
Core Cordova plugins tested against are listed (provided in release notes/blog)
...similar to above
...etc.
-- cordova Y.A release --

So one can generally "assume" that those core plugin versions listed in the release notes
of a Cordova framework, up to those versions listed in the next Cordova framework release
are "safe" to use with the immediately preceding release of the framework.

I ask only because our users are not all sophisticated Cordova users (I represent Intel and
the XDK) and trying to come up with some general guidelines. They are limited to the Cordova
CLI versions that we provide build support for, so they can't just update the CLI to meet
the needs of a specific plugin.

Thanks for the quick replies, sorry mine was so long in coming,

Paul