cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Venkata Kiran" <svkir...@gmail.com>
Subject File Transfer and File API || Inconsistencies b/w the documentation and javascript
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:09:37 GMT

Hi,

                I am looking at the File Transfer and File API for upgrading
gwtphonegap to support the latest version of cordova.  During the process, I
found some inconsistencies between the documentation and the javascript
layer. Till now, my assumption is that the API documentation is for the
javascript layer and if there are any platform specific quriks, they are
noted seperately in the documentation but the API is consistent. So I was
not sure which is correct when I encountered the below inconsistencies.

The FileUploadOptions in the documentation doesn't have 'httpMethod'
parameter which is available in the javascript FileUploadOptions
constructor. There is 'chunkedMode' in the documentation but the same is not
available in the javascript layer.

http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/org.apache.cordova.file-transfer

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/blob/master/www/FileUploadOpti
ons.js

Similarly the javascript layer doesn't have 'headers' which is documented in
the 'FileUploadResult'.

http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/org.apache.cordova.file-transfer

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/blob/master/www/FileUploadResu
lt.js

I thought the documentation is out of sync and the javascript is correct. If
that is correct, I will update the documentation and send a PR.

Thanks,

--Kiran