cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] 3.6.1 Cadence Release 3rd attempt
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:10:12 GMT
I looked at the voting process and it seems to say that the 72 hour window is a recommendation.
Given that we have all verified the code multiple times and the community agrees that this
is only a version bump, can we close the vote if we have 3 +1 votes ?

>From the policy -

Release policy describes the voting process as:
"Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at least
three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive than
negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed. Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test the resulting executable
on their own platform, along with also verifying that the package meets the requirements of
the ASF policy on releases." http://apache.org/dev/release.html

Majority Approval is defined as:
"Refers to a vote (sense 1) which has completed with at least three binding +1 votes and more
+1 votes than -1 votes. ( I.e. , a simple majority with a minimum quorum of three positive
votes.) Note that in votes requiring majority approval a -1 vote is simply a vote against,
not a veto. Compare Consensus Approval. See also the description of the voting process." http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#MajorityApproval

The voting process includes: "Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours
to provide an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate regardless of their geographic
locations." http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html