cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Tools Release 3.6.3-0.2.12
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:47:34 GMT
Sorry I'm not following exactly what you mean. Do you mean cordova-lib instead of cordova-cli?

I also don't expect devDependencies to get installed when I do "npm -g install cordova@rc".

cordova-js has the devDependency on connect, and does not have a shrinkwrap. cordova-lib has
a dependency on cordova-js, but does have a shrinkwrap. When I generate the shrinkwrap in
cordova-lib, all of the devDependencies in cordova-js are appearing in the cordova-lib shrinkwrap.
That seems to be where it starts to go wrong.

cd cordova-lib
rm -r node_modules
rm npm-shrinkwrap
npm install
npm shrinkwrap

...and I see the cordova-js devDependencies in the cordova-lib shrinkwrap. That's wrong, correct?

It shouldn't matter if I had done an "npm link cordova-js" inside of cordova-lib, correct?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if the shrinkwrap command is misbehaving.