cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Third Party WebView Reference Implementation
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:47:39 GMT
Hey

So, as part of the work for Third Party Webviews, I decided to write up a
super quick reference implementation by just copying the AndroidWebView and
making it a plugin.  I haven't fully tested this yet, but it should work as
a third-party WebView.

The tricky part that I found here is how much of Cordova we have to keep
exposed for Third-Party WebViews to work.

Anyway, the work is on GitHub with Apache Licences.  Once it gets massaged
a bit more, it may need a home at Apache.

https://github.com/infil00p/ThirdPartyWebViewRef

Feel free to fork it and go through it and put feedback on this thread.
It's the same code as AndroidWebView in the 4.0.x branch, so some of this
may be using exposed APIs out of convenience.

Joe