cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Third Party WebView Reference Implementation
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:44:25 GMT
On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> To make sure I understand, this is implementing the system webview as a
> pluggable-webview-via-plugin?

Yes.  The idea was to use this to figure out our API surface and to see
what's necessary and what's not.  Also, we need a way to test this without
having to rely on third party bits from Intel or anyone else.  While it's
the same implementation, the fact is that it's a slightly different class
so we could in theory test this and hopefully automate it.