cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confused about Android API level and Cordova, does it support anything less than 19
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:02:56 GMT
I've said this 1000 times, and I'll say it again.

Cordova is compiled to the latest API level, and works on Android 2.3 to
4.4.3.  It even works on L, but we recommend building with the latest
stable API level, which API 19.  When we say it's backwards compatible, we
mean that you can run this on Gingerbread to KitKat.  You should have
absolutely no reason to change that setting.  The only reason that setting
is configurable is because Android will increment versions, and people will
use old versions of Cordova that may or may not be future-proof.