cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Cordova Release
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:03:47 GMT
Alright lets do this!

Releasing:
Cordova-Android 3.6.4
Cordova-Windows 3.6.4
Cordova-WP8 3.6.4
Cordova-Browser 3.6.0

Cordova-Lib 0.21.14
Cordova-JS 3.7.0
Cordova-Plugman 0.22.11
Cordova-CLI 3.7.0
I think it is a good time to drop the cadVer-SemVer versioning for the CLI.
Lets just make it SemVer but start from 3.7.0

1) Release issue:
 - coho create-release-bug is supposed to be used for cadence releases. It
won't make sense when we aren't release every platform. We will have to
create the release issue manually. This is what we have been doing for
tools releases for a while now.

2) Platform version files should be bumped using coho. Coho also goes in
and changes the version script output for many of the platforms (all except
windows ones last I saw)

3) I like this idea. I personally think we should test it thoroughly before
we push it live though. Not sure what problems might arise. If people feel
confident with releasing this change and have tested it, I won't stand in
the way of it being released.

I recently merged in my Indy platform release work. I want to take this
release to go through the process and fix any problems that come up. You
can see the doc at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/platforms-release-process.md.
Sergey, I can work with you on this or, if you don't mind, I can take over
from here.

-Steve