cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] continuous build and release process
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:20:20 GMT
I am totally behind the idea of nightly builds! Great summary Marcel.

My plan has been to start work on a nightly build system after independent
platform releases are out the door.

Release branches

For indy releases, my plan was to remove cutting release branches for
cordova-js. Cordova-js would instead get a PLATFORM-VERSION tag each time a
platform is releasing based on master.

Cordova-js will also have to be released to npm for the browserify
workflow. I have included it in the tools release process. We could create
a release branch when this happens.

Reverting versions when RCs fail is a pain. I think release branches are a
good idea for our tools and plugins.