cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject 3.6.0 Status Update
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 01:40:10 GMT
Hey All,

Quick update for everyone

Marcel has volunteered to finish off the 3.6.0 release. Make sure to email
the list with any questions. I'm sure someone will be able to help you. I
have added you + others to all of our npm packages.

The 3.6.0 vote is ongoing and should be finished by Friday. Looks pretty
solid from my testing.

After the vote:
A)  Follow the steps at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/cadence-release-process.md#otherwise-publish-to-dist--npm

    TLDR
     1) copy items for dist-dev to dist
     2) Set `latest` tag on npm to point to new releases
       - `npm tag plugman@0.22.6 latest plugman-0.22.6.tgz`
       - `npm tag cordova-js@3.6.3 latest cordova-js-3.6.3.tgz`
       -  `npm tag cordova-firefoxos@3.6.1 latest
cordova-firefoxos-3.6.1.tgz`
       - etc for every package being released at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/CB-7383/

B) Generate + Release the docs. I'm going through setting up vagrant but
might not get around to it. If platforms need to make changes, do it asap!

C) Edit + Review blog post
https://github.com/cordova/apache-blog-posts/blob/master/2014-09-05-cordova-360.md.
I have just had time to generate + copy over all of the release notes. I
have done zero curating yet. I will do some tonight but it would be nice if
someone could take over and edit this over the next few days. Need to move
some points up as highlights too. Josh Soref would be a good fit for this
if he has time. Once you all are happy with blog post, cd into
cordova-website directory, run `grunt cloneBlog` if you don't have the
apache-blog-posts repo cloned and then run `grunt updateBlog`. This will
copy over the blog post into www/_posts. Then generate the site and commit!

When I get back, I will merge my work for independent releases. I figure it
wouldn't be a nice move to merge it in and then leave for 2 weeks.

Chat with you all soon! Good luck with the release!