cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS 8] Status of WKWebView work
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:12:04 GMT
Ross can you clarify your results for Objectstore ArrayBuffer?

Notes:
- Objectstore ArrayBuffer is only supported in Safari & WKWebView App

iPod Touch iOS 8 *Safari*
UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A365
- Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - *Yes*

iPod Touch iOS 8 *HomeScreen*
UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/12A365
- Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - *No*

iPod Touch iOS 8 *WKWebView*
UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/12A365
- Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - *No*

iPod Touch iOS 8 *UIWebView*

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Ross Gerbasi <rgerbasi@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > to someone! :)
> > > I need to do some more useful tests on DOM related stuff as it was
> > > mentioned here already JS speed is not usually the bottleneck in
> Cordova
> > > apps.  Unless you're doing crazy crypto like some people :)
> > >
> > > *@Shazron:* I am not seeing IndexedDB support in UIWebView but maybe I
> am
> > > not enabling something I need to on the native side? For me HTML5 Test
> is
> > > only showing IndexedDB for Safari and WKWebView. As you can see I am
> > > getting a dramatic lower HTML5 Test score in UIWEbView vs WKWebView.
> > >

> > > *Tests run on an iPod Touch 5th Generation running iOS8 GA*
> > >
> > > iPod Touch iOS 8 *Safari*
> > > UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
> > > AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A365
> > > Safari/600.1.4
> > > Sunspider - 1825ms Overall
> > > HMTL5 Test - 440/555
> > > - Seamless iFrame - No
> > > - 2D Graphics Path Support - Yes
> > > - Web GL 3D Graphics - Yes
> > > - IndexedDB - Yes
> > > - Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - Yes
> > >
> > > iPod Touch iOS 8 *HomeScreen*
> > > UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
> > > AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/12A365
> > > SunSpider - 1801.0ms Overall
> > > HTML5 Test - 427/555
> > > - Seamless iFrame - No
> > > - 2D Graphics Path Support - Yes
> > > - Web GL 3D Graphics - Yes
> > > - IndexedDB - No
> > > - Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - No
> > >

> > > iPod Touch iOS 8 *WKWebView*
> > > UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
> > > AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/12A365
> > > SunSpider - 1822.8ms Overall
> > > HTML5 Test - 438/555
> > > - Seamless iFrame - No
> > > - 2D Graphics Path Support - Yes
> > > - Web GL 3D Graphics - Yes
> > > - IndexedDB - Yes
> > > - Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - No
> > >

> > > iPod Touch iOS 8 *UIWebView*
> > > UserAgent - Mozilla/5.0 (iPod touch; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X)
> > > AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/12A365
> > > SunSpider - 7114.6ms Overall
> > > HTML5 Test - 427/555
> > > - Seamless iFrame - No
> > > - 2D Graphics Path Support - Yes
> > > - Web GL 3D Graphics - Yes
> > > - IndexedDB - No
> > > - Objectstore ArrayBuffer Support - No
> > >

> > > *iOS 8 Notes*
> > > - Seamless iFrame was removed compared to iOS 7.1.2
> > > - IndexedDB is only supported in Safari & WKWebView App
> > > - Objectstore ArrayBuffer is only supported in Safari & WKWebView App
> > > - UIWebView is ~4x slower then WKWebView for JS (Sunspider results)
> > > - WKWebView cannot load local files (issue for Cordova/Phonegap/Offline
> > > Solutions)
> > >         - No UserAgent difference between UIWebView and WKWebView.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 7:41 PM, tommy-carlos williams <

The bug I
> > > reported
*fine* (this info
> > was