cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] 3.6.0 Cadence Release
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:15:22 GMT
I was just trying to validate what we put in npmjs.org matches what is
located on [1]

If both matches then it doesn't matter how you do your testing with npm or
the content of [1].

I'm guessing that everyone is testing using [1] and not apache git checkout
hash from this email. But if they match to the same bits then who cares, we
are all testing the same thing. Get the picture :-)

Seriously now, On what step of the process do we validate npmjs.org against
[1]? After vote has pass? or do it with with a "rc" and then make it
"latest" on npm?

[1]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/CB-7383/rc/

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like CLI VERSION file is incorrect :( Didn't get updated. Also looks
> like the zip i uploaded for the CLI got generated incorrectly. Need to take
> a deeper look.
>
> I don't see cordova-js 3.6.0-dev Version file anywhere.
>
> I'm also running into an issue with firefoxos testing. Looks like it can't
> find shelljs module.
>

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > .. Looks like cordova-cli still has a VERSION file set to 3.5.0-0.2.4.
> Is
> > it even used?
> >
> > .. and cordova-cli deps on cordova-lib which deps on cordova-js which has
> > VERSION file set to 3.6.0-dev.
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > We could ask Apache folk for clarification, but if I understand the
> > > requirements for release process correct, I think publishing an rc and
> > > voting on it would be totally acceptable provided that:
> > >
> > > (a) *exactly* the tarball that went up to RC is used as the final
> > release,
> > > so that signatures match.  At the very least I think that would mean to
> > > leaving the "-rc#" portion out of all the "version" key (and any
> VERSION
> > > files).
> > > (b) We don't advertise to users that this is a release they should
> > consume.
> > >
> > > It looks like Steven has done this.
> > >
> > > -Michal

> (not