cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] shrinkwrap
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:27:45 GMT
>From the latest npm podcast thing Carlos sent out, seems the conclusion is
that the npm overlords advise we do use shrinkwrap.

Most of the issues are currently *not* surrounding how shrinkwrap is
implemented, but rather just with the tools being unclear when decisions
are made because of its existence.  Patches are likely to land in npm to
make it more clear, so you don't accidentally shoot yourself in the foot as
we did, but due diligence and following the release instructions probably
also gets us there today.

For those reasons, I've now changed my mind and now think we should leave
it in.

-Michal