cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Tools Release 3.6.3-0.2.12
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 01:56:46 GMT
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I'm not following exactly what you mean. Do you mean cordova-lib
> instead of cordova-cli?

Probably :P. Whichever has the shrinkwrap

> I also don't expect devDependencies to get installed when I do "npm -g
> install cordova@rc".
>
> cordova-js has the devDependency on connect, and does not have a
> shrinkwrap. cordova-lib has a dependency on cordova-js, but does have a
> shrinkwrap. When I generate the shrinkwrap in cordova-lib, all of the
> devDependencies in cordova-js are appearing in the cordova-lib shrinkwrap.
> That seems to be where it starts to go wrong.
>
> cd cordova-lib
> rm -r node_modules
> rm npm-shrinkwrap
> npm install
> npm shrinkwrap
>
> ...and I see the cordova-js devDependencies in the cordova-lib shrinkwrap.
> That's wrong, correct?
>
> It shouldn't matter if I had done an "npm link cordova-js" inside of
> cordova-lib, correct?

This is the key! It *does* matter. shrinkwrap just records what it finds in
your node_modules directory, symlinks and all! You always want to do a
fresh rm -r & npm install before shrinkwrap to ensure you don't have
extraneous modules in there.

That said, if you did that and it's still showing up, I don't know why that
is :S