cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Re: [Android] Unbundling okhttp
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:52:48 GMT
+1 unbundle. The reason we added it in was that it fixes issues with
Android's built-in networking stack. It was added pre-plugin-breakout, and
was never broken out into its own plugin.

The good news is that I think it'll be quite straight-forward to extract it
out. We don't expose OkHttp interfaces anywhere, and instead exposed it
through CordovaResourceApi via createHttpConnection() (which returns a
HttpURLConnection, not an OkHttp interface).

The grey area is whether we'd want the FileTransfer plugin to depend on
OkHttp, or whether we just have FileTransfer be flakey on pre-KitKat
devices if devs don't choose to add the plugin. I think I'd be in the camp
of adding it by default, but then allow it to be removed via "plugin rm".
Our tools don's support that right now though.