cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] shrinkwrap
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:20:41 GMT

> I suggest that:
> - The shrinkwrap exist in git at all times, not just during the release
> process.

-1 for that. Having shrinkwrap at all times will result in postponed
discovery of incompatibilities with newer versions (which are usually
trickier than shrinkwrap problems) until you nuke node_modules during
release. From my experience for repos that had it, it also resulted in a
great deal of confusion for contributors.

- At the beginning of a new dev/test cycle in a project that has a
> shrinkwrap, developers should not only "git pull", but should also "rm -r
> node_modules ; npm install".

+1, no need to use shrinkwrap in cordova-lib, only cordova-cli and
cordova-plugman (they don't depend on each other now, both contain
executables calling into cordova-lib).