cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon)" <v-vlk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: New project <PATH> vs. <NAME>
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:06:54 GMT
So do we agree to proceed with hardcoded name for android main activity here ('CordovaApp'
for example), or we still need to implement additional parameter to cli, platform scripts
and config.xml ?
---------------
Best regards, Vladimir

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Kotikov (Akvelon) [mailto:v-vlkoti@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:08 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: New project <PATH> vs. <NAME>

IMHO this could be a solution.

It seems that <android:name> for main activity is not visible anywhere outside of application
(I mean Google Play, app details, etc.) and so it can be made static. The main restriction
here is that <android:name> for activity can't be changed after publishing of the app
[1], [2]

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

[1] http://developer.android.com/guide/components/activities.html#Declaring
[2] http://android-developers.blogspot.ru/2011/06/things-that-cannot-change.html