cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <>
Subject RE: prepare logic decoupling between LIB and Platforms
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:08:58 GMT
Michal, I see your point, but in this particular example we can still implement this inside
LIB or rely on platform implementation/release. Platform prepare is just a step of main prepare,
both can add changes. Another point is that platforms could be used w/o CLI so new configuration
parameter should be somehow handled by platform itself (in ideal world).

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Michal Mocny
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 6:00 PM
To: dev
Subject: Re: prepare logic decoupling between LIB and Platforms

Not sure about this.  On the surface the request seems fine, but I think its easier to do
lib updates than platform updates, and the reverse problem would happen if we made the switch:
if we want to improve the way we do parsing (say to add a new config option), we now have
to do a full platform release and get users to upgrade their projects.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) <>

> Hi,
> Currently LIB is on response for handling config.xml params and
> updating platforms, for example on Android[1] LIB edits
> AndroidManifest.xml as per config.xml, handles icons and splash
> images, etc.  Moving forward with independed platform releases I see
> how it would be valuable to be able add some changes to prepare logic
> with platform release. Another point of moving this logic to platforms
> is better decoupling of platform specific logic/code and shared functionality managed
by LIB.
> So I propose to add 'prepare' script to the platforms similar to
> build/deploy so that LIB contains minimal required functionality and
> the rest of the logic is exposed by platform itself.
> Thoughts?
> [1]
> ova/metadata/android_parser.js
> Thx!