cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject prepare logic decoupling between LIB and Platforms
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:27:35 GMT
Hi,

Currently LIB is on response for handling config.xml params and updating platforms, for example
on Android[1] LIB edits AndroidManifest.xml as per config.xml, handles icons and splash images,
etc.  Moving forward with independed platform releases I see how it would be valuable to be
able add some changes to prepare logic  with platform release. Another point of moving this
logic to platforms is better decoupling of platform specific logic/code and shared functionality
managed by LIB.

So I propose to add 'prepare' script to the platforms similar to build/deploy so that LIB
contains minimal required functionality and the rest of the logic is exposed by platform itself.

Thoughts?

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/master/cordova-lib/src/cordova/metadata/android_parser.js

Thx!
Sergey