cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: GPU Profile tracing in Cordova Apps
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:08:33 GMT
I was able to get the traces from a real Kindle Fire device, and also get benchmarks. I installed
a Chromium shell, and ran the commands, that are an equivalent of

adb shell am broadcast -a org.chromium.chrome.testshell.GPU_PROFILER_START.

This was using a Chrome shell, and I was wondering what the equivalent of it would be in case
of Cordova Android apps. Would the name be any different?

-----Original Message-----
From: Archana Naik [mailto:naik.archana@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:30 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: GPU Profile tracing in Cordova Apps

Hi, Parashuram

Which device did you try to run your profiling on? Difference between Android chromium and
Amazon Chromium could be underneath chromium version.
KK based android is based on v30. Amazon started with v25 and is now upto
v34 on some devices. Also, amazon' s port has some of the HTML5 features like WebGL enabled
and many more optimizations done for Fire OS based devices.
Let me know if you have any specific questions?

Archana