cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <>
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 18:34:12 GMT
Marcel, thank you for driving the Cordova tools release - 3.6.3.

There are a few bugs that we discovered in this release that we would like to fix. These are
not major to require a full major version bump, but regressions that should be fixed. The
bugs we would like to get into a release are

1.       Windows and Wp8 platform

a.       --target flag is not supported in the Windows platforms. Given the new support for
Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 this is important as it lets users choose a way
to run the app on specific emulators

2.       Android

a.       The --nobuild flag for run seems to be broken now.

b.      If possible we would also like to get the patch for Cordova activity name so that
Unicode characters can be used for Android apps.

                                                               i.      Does this change also
need to be made in Amazon FireOS? Archana, should we send in a pull request for that ?

3.       Tools

a.       The community has agreed on the hooks implementation and this is done now.

Will the next release be 4.0, and when is it planned for? If it is a month away, can we cherry
pick these changes into 3.6.3 and make a 3.6.4 release before that ? Are there other bug fixes
that people want to go in a next release.

We can volunteer to do the next release (with consultation from Marcel if possible, since
he is now knows the release process).