cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Android] Third Party WebView Reference Implementation
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:58:47 GMT
+1
It would be also great if there is a way to extend/override some default webview functionality
as well (not only provide full webview implementation)

For example, what will be recommended way to extend default onReceivedHttpAuthRequest functionality
if I want to automatically show credentials dialog in case of 401 response?

https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/blob/master/framework/src/org/apache/cordova/CordovaWebViewClient.java#L116

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Bowser [mailto:bowserj@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:44 PM
To: dev
Subject: Re: [Android] Third Party WebView Reference Implementation

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> To make sure I understand, this is implementing the system webview as
> a pluggable-webview-via-plugin?

Yes.  The idea was to use this to figure out our API surface and to see what's necessary and
what's not.  Also, we need a way to test this without having to rely on third party bits from
Intel or anyone else.  While it's the same implementation, the fact is that it's a slightly
different class so we could in theory test this and hopefully automate it.