cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: W3C Battery Feedback request
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 15:06:16 GMT
Joe~

Thank you for responding.  I just finished up sharing our thoughts on the
Device APIs Working Group status call.  They appreciate the overall "it is
broken" feedback but could really benefit from a concrete proposal on how
to improve the battery specification.  Do you, or anyone else from the
Cordova team, want to take a stab at putting together a formal
proposal/recommendation that I can bring back to the DAP team?  This is an
opportunity for us to help shape the spec!

Here's a link to the current specification:
http://www.w3.org/TR/battery-status/

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |

From:   Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com>
To:     dev <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   08/06/2014 02:45 PM
Subject:        Re: W3C Battery Feedback request

The spec is flawed in that there's no way we could implement it as it
stands. The spec needs to be reworked to be more event driven and
asynchronous.   Right now it's too much like device with everything up
front.

This is all based on memory, but the spec was seriously broken the last
time I looked.

http://apache.markmail.org/search/?q=org.apache.incubator.callback-dev+list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev+order%3Adate-backward+w3c+battery#query:org.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20order%3Adate-backward%20w3c%20battery+page:1+mid:ezvvipwdcvhlt5h6+state:results