cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: W3C Battery Feedback request
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 20:01:06 GMT
Ian, yes, you are correct.  The promises version is the one they'd like
feedback on.  I believe Brian has been talking with one of the DAP guys
who had headed up the battery test suite.

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org | |
ldeluca@us.ibm.com | lisaseacat.com | |

From:   Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>
To:     "dev@cordova.apache.org" <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Date:   08/07/2014 03:32 PM
Subject:        Re: W3C Battery Feedback request
Sent by:        iclelland@google.com

That spec *is* the one under discussion, as far as I can tell -- it's the
in-progress update to the old, busted, synchronous version that Joe very
rightfully bashed. There may still be other issues with it, but this is
the
one that we should be commenting on.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> Plot thickens. Chrome has an experimental promises based API:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/battery/Overview.html
>
> This is implementable.
>

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > ya, idk, even those I have problems with (meaningful strings)
> >
> > current spec has lots of listeners for various events though
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> addEventListener or nothing
> >> anyone can wrap it in a promise if they want
> >>
> >> @purplecabbage
> >> risingj.com

API

> >> proposal:
> >> whatever
> do
> >> know

> >> ldeluca@us.ibm.com>

> on
> >> "it
> on

from

<ldeluca@us.ibm.com>

follow
> [image:

as
> it

and
> >> up

the
<ldeluca@us.ibm.com>

for
> >> the
we
had

http://apache.markmail.org/search/?q=org.apache.incubator.callback-dev+list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev+order%3Adate-backward+w3c+battery#query:org.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20order%3Adate-backward%20w3c%20battery+page:1+mid:ezvvipwdcvhlt5h6+state:results