cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: CB-7312 Camera Plugin uri scheme
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:49:48 GMT
Vivek wrote:
>Should'nt the camera plugin be standardized to return a common uri
>scheme, By converting to a standard uri scheme before passing it to the
>callbackContext.

URIs should be treated as opaque. You shouldn't be relying on the URI to
be anything, beyond something which can be resolved/loaded.

I'm not opposed to picking some random protocol, but I'd rather we
actively document that people should not be trying to parse URIs for any
particular purpose, and should treat them as opaque references to data.