cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova.js and cordova.platformVersion
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:45:32 GMT
So I have removed cordova.version and added cordova.platformVersion on the
branch cb-7219 on my repo. Check it out at
https://github.com/stevengill/cordova-js/tree/cb-7219. It adds the output
from "git rev-list HEAD --max-count=1" at the top as a comment in
cordova.js and creates a constant named "PLATFORM_VERSION_BUILD_LABEL"
which we use to set cordova.platformVersion.

To create cordova.js, run:
    grunt --platformVersion=3.6.0
    or
    grunt compile --platformVersion=3.6.0
    or
    grunt compile:android --platformVersion=3.6.0
    or
    grunt compile-browserify --platformVersion=3.6.0

I still have a bit of work to do in
cordova-lib/src/plugman/prepare-browserify.js
A) get it to compute commit ids
B) Create utility function to grab platformVersion from
"platform_www/cordova.js"

If you all like it, I can merge it into master. Coho will need some updates
to support this too.