cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove VERSION file from repos
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:16:46 GMT
Just a quick update to this.

Coho now updates the version script for the following platforms:
Android
Amazon-fireos
Ubuntu
Firefoxos
Blackberry

If coho is being used for releases, I think this is the way to go. iOS,
windows and wp8 are the only remaining ones.

Line to edit in coho:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/src/cadance-release.js#L124
Sample version script:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/blob/master/bin/templates/cordova/version

Let me know if you are going to make this change for your platforms. I will
need to copy it over to my platform-release file which will replace cadence
release after 3.6.0:
https://github.com/stevengill/cordova-coho/blob/cb-7224/src/platform-release.js#L124

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM, purplecabbage <purplecabbage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Aug 14, 2014, at 4:09 AM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > +1 -- there's little value in trying to derive something at runtime that
> > should just be hard-coded. (And even if we didn't have coho, we could set
> > it manually without too much effort. :) )
>
> If we remember to.
> +0
>

> >> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Using android's method of doing this doesn't seem so bad to me.
> >>
> >> Version script has hard coded value that coho sets when doing a release.
> >> Seems to be working fine as long as coho is used for releasing.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?

> of

> cordova
> >> use