cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Update on Mobile Spec
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2014 03:31:08 GMT
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@google.com> wrote:

> - I noticed during cleanup that mobile-spec was never running whitelist
> tests as part of the auto test suite.  So I fixed the bug.  Except
> whitelist tests don't all pass on Android.  Were those test purposely not
> being run?

That was a deliberate decision -- see CB-4093 for background -- the tests
are in mobilspec because it's the easiest place to run them, but at the
time that I added them, they would absolutely not pass on any other
platform than iOS and Android. (Because of the lack of the dedicated
testing plugin, if not the actual whitelist implementation)

Rather than deliberately add 20 or 30 failing tests to every platform's
mobilespec, especially on platforms with no interest (or possibility
ability) to implement the whitelist in exactly the same way, I decided to
add it but not make it part of the "Run all tests" suite.

(Of course, not being run by CI on every commit meant that those tests
weren't being run in practice, so I'm not surprised that one ended up
failing -- I'll take a look at that one)

Ian