cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Phonegap Day Berlin
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:42:21 GMT
I looked at flying in to Munich and taking the train to Berlin, but the
nonstop flights from Toronto are really expensive, and then the train was
more expensive than I expected as well. :(

I ended up booking a room at the Holiday Inn on Prenzlauer Allee; it's
definitely more than €80 cheap, but it's rated well and is less than 2 km
from the venue. (And actually has availability for that week)

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13 Aug 2014, at 18:25, Joe Bowser wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>  On 13 Aug 2014, at 17:35, Joe Bowser wrote:
>>> I have no idea. I booked the flight, but I'm assuming that I'm sleeping
>>> on

>>> Oktoberfest is in Munich, not in Berlin. Thats around 560 km far.
>>>
>>>  I know, I'm heading to Munich right after PhoneGap Day.  I assumed that
>> other North Americans are doing the same thing, and that's why the corp
>> travel site is borked.
>>

> Aha, it was not possible to know this just from the email.
> In this case i have another tipp for you, if you are fine with traveling
> after
> going to the fest.
>
> If you would stay in Augsburg, then you could take a hotel 2 minutes by
> feet from
> central station. From there its just a 45 minutes to the Wiesn.
>
> You can travel the same way back, trains go at 00:00, 2am, 3.30am, 5.30am
> and so on.
> Plenty of time to have a nice drink and not worrying about how to come
> home.
> However if you plan a full reboot, sitting another 30 minutes in a train
> might
> be problematic.
>
> If you folks actually stay in Augsburg, feel free to ping me. I am always
> happy to show my city to fellow-Apache guys.
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>

>>  I usually book my hotels in germany via http://www.hrs.de/
>>>
>>> This:
>>> http://www.hrs.de/web3/searchWeb1000.do?activity=
>>> showHotellistWithPromotion&showOverlay=true&clientId=