cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:44:17 GMT
I see zero value in this feature, so I will simply ask that we please don't
break any expectations that already exist.
If this can be achieved without altering the current workflow then I will
keep quiet.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yep I agree with using .cordova/config.json for this directory config. and
> it would be in 3.x should not wait for 4.x
>

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > Lets not add a new public config file until we have many long talks to
> > figure out all the requirements for a future CLI.  Perhaps PGDay US will
> be
> > a good opportunity to get together in person and hash out some ideas?
> >
> > And since I don't think we should block work like what is being discussed
> > here, we should continue to use the .cordova/config.json.  We can migrate
> > those features to a public config file without issue.
> >
> > -Michal
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I like what Mark suggested of not passing json string in the command
> > line,
> > > and better to pass a json file.
> > > Why are we talking about 4.0 release? This can be landed on 3.x unless
> > I'm
> > > missing something very obvious.
> > >
> > > I would also would like to propose that we expose the hidden
> config.json
> > as
> > > a plublic file on the root of the project like cordova.json (easy to
> > find,
> > > easy to edit, easy to understand what's going on).
> > > Allowing the www template come with a default cordova.json with default
> > > values, and allow downstream distributions like IBM :-), to have a
> > > different template for "cordova create --copy-from=ibmtemplate/) with a
> > > different cordova.json
> > > Also cordova.json can serve as a way to identity a cordova project root
> > > directory by high level IDE/Tools
> > > maybe this change of cordova.json is a big enough for a 4.x
> > >

> > > On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)
> <

> you
> > > can
> > > release.