cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:07:00 GMT
Lets not add a new public config file until we have many long talks to
figure out all the requirements for a future CLI.  Perhaps PGDay US will be
a good opportunity to get together in person and hash out some ideas?

And since I don't think we should block work like what is being discussed
here, we should continue to use the .cordova/config.json.  We can migrate
those features to a public config file without issue.

-Michal

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I like what Mark suggested of not passing json string in the command line,
> and better to pass a json file.
> Why are we talking about 4.0 release? This can be landed on 3.x unless I'm
> missing something very obvious.
>
> I would also would like to propose that we expose the hidden config.json as
> a plublic file on the root of the project like cordova.json (easy to find,
> easy to edit, easy to understand what's going on).
> Allowing the www template come with a default cordova.json with default
> values, and allow downstream distributions like IBM :-), to have a
> different template for "cordova create --copy-from=ibmtemplate/) with a
> different cordova.json
> Also cordova.json can serve as a way to identity a cordova project root
> directory by high level IDE/Tools
> maybe this change of cordova.json is a big enough for a 4.x
>

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH) <
> panarasi@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Should we go ahead and create a branch in the main project so that you
> can
> > also add your ideas to it? We could target this feature for a 4.0
> release.

Of
> > > Michal

> > > like