cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Parashuram <>
Subject GPU Profile tracing in Cordova Apps
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 21:18:14 GMT

I am working on a performance framework ( and was looking at ways to start
the GPU profile on Cordova Android apps.

To read about:tracing information for Chrome, I can do

$ adb shell am broadcast -a
PROFILER_START -e categories "benchmark" -e continuous ""

​In case of Amazon's ​port of Chromium, I use

$ adb shell am broadcast -a<>

​However, for Cordova Webview apps, the following does not seem to work

$ ​adb shell am broadcast -a io.cordova.hellocordova.GPU_PROFILER_START

Am I missing something obvious, or is the webview implemented differently?
I am starting to look at the source but was hoping that the experts on this
list could point me to the right direction.