cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remotely loaded pages
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:35:51 GMT
I agree that it is not recommended, but it's possible. I delved into
this question here:
https://github.com/shazron/phonegap-questions/issues/37

The PhoneGap Developer App is an example of how this is working at
http://app.phonegap.com but they do some proxying to get around the
CORS limitations I believe.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been getting occasional questions about users trying to use remotely-loaded (non-local)
HTML pages with Cordova (in the webview, not InAppBrowser), and still expecting to have access
to the plugin APIs (camera is a popular one). My response so far is: "This is an unsupported
configuration, because Cordova was not designed for this and the community does no testing
of this configuration. While it can work in some circumstances, it is not recommended nor
supported."

> My definition of "unsupported" is not that it is incapable, but that we don't claim that
it is supposed to work, and more importantly, we won't actively fix user-submitted defects
on this topic.

> The main concern I have on this is same origin policy, and matching the remotely-served
cordova.js with the locally-installed native Cordova platform to avoid version mismatch.