cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin with swift
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:03:35 GMT
Right now - no. Although you could write a post-install hook that will
directly update the project file using node-xcode I suppose.

In the future, we can just add this to the template (please file a
feature request so we don't forget). But I think the approach in this
issue is better, and will be simpler for the CLI to add items:

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Erik Jan de Wit <edewit@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve been experimenting with swift and ported the HelloWorld plugin [1] to Swift. There
was one trick to make it work together with cordova, that was to specify the name of the class
to export it under so it could be referenced:

> @objc(HWPHello) class Hello : CDVPlugin {
>
> Then it’s ‘exported’ under “HWPHello” that is what we put into the plugin.xml
that can then be found at runtime by cordova

> There remains one problem in order to use CDVPlugin in Swift one needs to add a bridging
header file and add that to the swift compiler options. The file can be part of the plugin
but can cordova on plugin install add the needed compiler settings?